The Pew Research Center have released the fourth version of their ” The Future of the Internet” series, which is pulled together from surveys and questions to leading digital thinkers and figures around the world.
This version of the report tackles questions like
- Will Google make us stupid? Report says no
- Will reading, writing and knowledge gathering be improved by the internet? Yes, but there are concerns
- Will innovation continue to catch us by surprise? Boo! Yes, of course it will
- Will information flow freely? Hope it will, but there will be flashpoints over control of the internet
- Will anonymous online activity still exist? Divided answers, with many agreeing it will be sharply curtailed.